Mahalo for your interest in volunteering for CDH. As a small organization with limited resources and a big mission, we are always in need of volunteers. We're currently seeking enthusiastic and self-motivated volunteers for the following roles:
- Training location scout
- Graphic designer
- Event helper (conferences, fundraisers, dog trials):
- Manning booth and talking to attendees about our mission
- Manning fundraising product sales tables
- Professional videographer to create promotional and instructional videos
- Dog training session helper; tasks include:
- Videoing dog searches
- Picking up targets/hides
- Pet rodent foster home (rodents are part of our biosecurity program)
- Working dog foster home (for 2-3 months)
- Fundraising researcher
- Grant writer
If you are interested in any of the roles, please contact us for more information.
NOTE TO THOSE INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING WITH THEIR DOG: Unfortunately we don't have the resources to train dogs and handlers that have no prior scent detection and field survey experience. Our work also requires dogs with a high level of working drive and environmental confidence, and most pet dogs don't meet that criteria. However if you're interested in learning more about how to get started on scent work as an enrichment activity for your dog, please see more info here.
Photo Above: CDH dog teams and volunteers at the downed seabird detection trial held in 2022.